Apple gourd/Tinda is a small gourd native to India. It is light green when ripe and turns yellowish-white when overripe. The plant has sprawling vines that feature needle-like hairs and broad dark-green leaves. Its flowers are large and bright yellow, while each plant produces both male and female flowers and self-pollinates.
Specifications of Apple Gourd/Tinda:
|Sowing Time||Monsoon & best grown in summer|
|Sunlight||Requires Full Sunlight|
|Soil Temperature||10-40°C (40-85°F)|
|Germination Time||7-15 Days|
- Strengthens Respiratory Processes
- Augments Heart Function
- Enhances Digestive System
- Mitigates Anxiety And Depression
- Lowers Risk Of Cancer
- Enhances Eye Health
- Detoxifies The Kidneys
Planting and Care:
- Water your potted Apple Gourd/Tinda plant every day in summer.
- Always look for the early signs of any insect/fungal/ any other infections. Spray appropriate medicines as soon as any symptoms of such diseases are spotted.
- Apple Gourd/Tinda plants require full sunlight. Therefore your raised bed should be made at a bright sunny spot. Keep the Apple Gourd/Tinda container under open sunlight.
- Add good quality organic manure in the soil with 2:1 ratio before sowing seeds. Organic manure can be well rotten cow dung manure, farmyard manure, compost or vermicompost.