Gerbera California Giants is very popular and widely used as a decorative garden plant or as cut flowers. They vary greatly in shape and size. Colours include white, yellow, orange, red, and pink. The centre of the flower is sometimes black. Often the same flower can have petals of several different colours.
Specifications of Gerbera California Giants:
|Sunlight Exposure||Full sunlight|
|Soil Type||Sandy Soil|
|Soil pH||pH between 5.5-5.8|
Planting and Care:
- A little compost added at planting will encourage good flower growth.
- Although Gerbera California Giants prefer bright sunlight, they benefit from afternoon shade in hot climates.
- Be sure to trim the plant after the bloom starts to wilt to help new blooms grow.
- Too much or too little water is a common cause of drooping or wilting.
- Space them 12 to 18 inches apart with the crown of the plant at or slightly above the soil level. The crown is the point where the stem and roots meet the soil.