If you are already thinking about what you want to grow in your garden this season, start out right with organic seeds. Enjoy your Kitchen Gardening with chemical-free Carrot Nantes Organic Vegetable Seeds.
1 packet contains 60-70 Carrot seeds.
Nantes carrots are small to medium in size, averaging 15-20 centimeters in length and 2-5 centimeters in diameter, and are cylindrical in shape with blunt, rounded ends on both the stem and non-stem end. Nantes carrots are crunchy and tender with a mild sweet taste.
|Common Name||Carrot, Scarlet Nantes.|
|Height||up to 55 centimeters.|
|Difficulty Level||Easy to grow.|
Planting And Care
- Refer to our Garden Guide for detailed procedures and meanings of words related to gardening
- SunlightKeep the seedlings container in Natural bright light
- Protect the Carrots seedlings from direct harsh sunlight
- Soil should be well-drained and nutrient-rich for Carrots seedlings
- WateringWater the seedlings when the topsoil (1-2 inches) in the pot feels dry to touch
- Poke your finger/plain small stick into the soil to check the moisture
- Do not overwater the seedlings
- Water thoroughly in the summer and reduce watering in winter and rainy season
- Application of Fertilizer During the main growing season feed the Carrots seedlings with organic fertilizer once a month
- Loosen the topsoil without disturbing the roots of the seedlings so it can uptake the nutrients and moisture easily
- Plant Protection – Remove dead, infected, or damaged seedlings from the container
- Do not overwater the seedlings especially when the container does not have drainage holes
- How to Sow Carrot Nantes Seeds Select a container having up to a 7-inch diameter
- Fill the container with well-drained soil
- Moisten the surface of the soil with water spray
- Make a hole of 1 inch deep and put 1-2 seeds in each hole and cover the hole with a fine layer of the soil
- Cover the seed container with a transparent plastic paper
- Place the seed tray in indirect bright light
- Remove plastic wrapping once seeds start to germinate
- Do not over-water the seedlings to avoid root rot
- Germination rate and viability of Carrot Nantes seed
|Sunlight||Natural bright light.|
- Water the seedlings when the topsoil (1-2 inches) in the pot feels dry to touch.
- Poke your finger/plain small stick into the soil to check the moisture.
|Soil||Nutrient-rich well-draining soil with Optimum PH range 5.5 to 6.5|
|Fertilizer||Apply any organic fertilizer.|
|Harvest Season||Carrots are ready for harvest 60 to 90 days after sowing depending upon the variety. Harvest carrots by gently pulling or lifting them from the soil if they pull free easily loosen the soil surrounding the roots with a hand fork. The best time of day to lift carrots is in the late afternoon or early evening when sugar in the roots is concentrated.|
There are no reviews yet.