1) These are pure desi vegetable desi Valli
Bottle gourd is climbing growing vegetable.
1 packet contains Bottle Gourd- 10 to 15 seeds.
The bottle gourd belongs to the cucumber family and originated in Africa, and is now available in most parts of the world. Bottle gourd comes in different shapes, the most common being bottle-shaped (hence the name) and round.
The sizes vary from six inches in length to more than six feet.
|Seeds per Packet||35|
|Common Name||Calabash, Cucuzza, Sorakaya, Lauki, Doodhi, and Ghiya|
|Height||Height: 10-12 FeetSpread: 12 feet|
|Difficulty Level||Easy to grow|
Planting And Care
- Weeding can be done by hoeing as and when necessary
- Fruit rot during the rainy season can be checked by training the plants over the bamboo stick or dried branches
Bottle Gourd Pusa Komal Care
- July and January is a suitable time for sowing Bottle gourd
- Organic manure or FYM is mixed at the time of bed preparation or pot filling
- Seeds are sown at 2
- 5 x 2 m spacing
- After sowing, the bed or pot mixture should be moist
|Soil||Sandy loam soils are rich in organic matter with good drainage and the pH ranges from 6.5 to 7.5|
|Temperature||This crop requires a moderately warm temperature.24 to 30 degrees C|
|Fertilizer||Apply a side dressing of 3 lbs. of 10-10-10 fertilizer per 100 square feet of the garden when the vines start to run.|
Bottle Gourd Uses
- Including bottle gourd in your regular diet reduces fatigue and maintains freshness especially in the summer
- It is rich in, thiamine, vitamin C, zinc, iron, and magnesium thus helping in improving overall health
- Cooked bottle gourd is anti-bilious and it helps one relax after eating
- Almost 96% of the bottle gourd is water which makes it very light and easy to digest
- Bottle gourd is commonly used for treating indigestion, constipation, and diarrhoea
- Bottle gourd juice with a pinch of salt is also used to treat dehydration caused by diarrhoea
- Very effective in the treatment of acidity and ulcers
- The water content in bottle gourd along with the high fiber content helps with digestive disorders like constipation, flatulence, and piles
- Bottle gourd is also believed to help the liver function in a balanced fashion