Light Red Onion Desi Vegetable Seeds
1 packet contains 100 seeds of Light Red Onion
Onions are a wonderful staple crop in our household, and we like to store some of our onion bulbs for 6-8 months over the winter. We eat a lot of them, and we usually plant over 200 onions each year.
If you follow a few simple steps, you can harvest a large number of high-quality onions from a small garden. Onions are such a versatile vegetable they feature in so many recipes, so growing your own onions means always having them to hand. They are easy to grow from baby onions called sets. Although the seed is available, sets are the easiest and quickest way to grow onions. Sets are also are better in colder regions, and are less likely to be attacked by some pests and diseases.
|Seeds per Packet||100|
|Common Name||bulb onion or common onion, (Botanical Name)|
Planting And Care
- Fertilize every few weeks with nitrogen to get big bulbs
- Cease fertilizing when the onions push the soil away and the bulbing process has started
- Do not put the soil back around the onions; the bulb needs to emerge above the soil
- Generally, onions do not need consistent watering if mulch is used
- About one inch of water per week (including rainwater) is sufficient
- If you want sweeter onions, water more
- Onions will look healthy even if they are bone dry, be sure to water during drought conditions
- Make sure soil is well-drained
- Mulch will help retain moisture and stifle weeds
- Cut or pull any onions that send up flower stalks; this means that the onions have and are done
There are no reviews yet.