Ash Gourd Seeds (Desi)
Ash Gourd, also known as Benincasa hispida, winter melon, wax gourd, white pumpkin, and Chinese watermelon, is a fruit native to parts of Southern Asia. It grows on a vine and matures into a round or oblong melon. Ash Gourd’s mild taste is reminiscent of cucumber and the fruit’s flesh is a particularly popular addition to Indian dishes.
Ash Gourd can likewise be used to make candy, jam, ketchup, cakes, ice cream or a sweet Indian delicacy known as petha. It’s also a popular addition to juices and smoothies.
Specifications of Ash Gourd:
|Category||Cucurbitaceae plant family|
|Plant Spacing||3.0 m x 2.0 m|
|Climate requirements||24 degree celsius to 31 degree celsius|
|PH Range||6.0 to 6.5|
Ash Gourd Health Benefits:
The entire Ash Gourd plant, including fruit peel, flower, seed and leaves are used. Biochemical activity of the fruit includes anti-oxidative, anti-inﬂammatory, anti-angiogenic, detoxiﬁcant and curvative effects in treating various ailments.
- Accelerates Weight Loss.
- Augments Heart Function.
- Detoxifies The Kidneys.
- Enhances Digestive System.
- Strengthens Respiratory Processes.
- Complements Ketogenic Diet.
- Ash gourd juice is a rich source of iron that prevents brain disorders.
- The pulp of ash gourd fruit has anti-inflammatory and anti-depressants properties that aid in the treatment of Alzheimer’s disease.
- The bioactive compounds in ash gourds like phenolics and sterol also help in treating epilepsy.
There are no reviews yet.