Turnip Red Seeds (Desi)
Turnip Red, though they are most commonly cooked, turnips can be enjoyed raw as well. If you plan to eat them raw, simply peel and slice the turnip like an apple to eat with dips or add to the top of your salad. Be sure to slice off the root end and remove the greens, which can be saved for cooking as well. Like similar root vegetables, turnip’s flavor shifts slightly when cooked. Mildly spicy when raw, turnips turn sweet, nutty, and earthy when cooked.
Specifications of Turnip Red:
|Plant Type||Annual Vegetable|
|Mature Size||12–18 in. tall; 6- to 8-in. spread|
|Sun Exposure||Full sun to part shade|
|Soil Type||Sandy, well-draining|
|Soil pH||Slightly acidic (6.0–6.5)|
Health Benefits of Turnip Red:
- Relieve Intestinal Problems
- Improve Cardiovascular Health
- Reduce Cancer Risk
- Protect The Liver And Kidney
- Have Anti diabetic Properties
- Promote Weight Loss
- Promote Healthy Skin And Hair
- Helps to Reduce Anemia
Planting and Care:
- Red turnips start as seedlings that must be placed in the ground like saplings.
- Over time they will grow, but only if watered every single day.
- Unlike other things in the ground, we can’t move a red turnip in the traditional way. Instead, to remove the red turnip, we have to dig it out with a shovel.
There are no reviews yet.