1) These are pure desi seeds
Snake gourd can easily grow in containers. The seed packet contains approximately 10 seeds.
Snake Gourd grows well in Tropical Countries. Snake gourd fruits are white or greenish-white in colour and long round having approx. 5 to 6 cm diameter and 100 to 120 cms long. Some short varieties are also being grown which will be having 4 cms diameter and 15 to 20 cms in length.
Seeds Per Packet : 8+ seeds.
|Common Name||Snake gourd, Padwal, Pudalagai Kootu|
|Height||Up to 30 ft|
|Bloom Time||Summer, Rainy season, Winter|
|Difficulty Level||Easy to grow|
Planting And Care
- Water should be done before soil feels dry
- Snake gourd can also be grown in containers around 5-gallon size
- Containers must have good drainage and cant be moved once the vines attach tendrils to other objects
- Snake gourd cant survive in frost condition
Snake Gourd Chachinda Care
- At the time of bed preparation, FYM should be mixed with soil for good yield
- Seeds are sown directly on the bed or pot
- They should be planted 2 cm deep in the bed or pots
- Plastic wrap can be used for mulching purposes to control weed and water loss
- They should be planted 2 cm deep in pots
|Soil||Well-drained loamy soil with 6 to 7.5 pH level|
|Temperature||25 to 30 degree C|
|Fertilizer||vermicompost, neem cake, bone meal,|
|Harvest Season||Summer, Rainy season, Winter|
Snake Gourd Special Feature
Snake gourd can be cultivated all over the world.
Snake Gourd Uses
- Contain vitamin A, B, and C with minerals
- Tender fruits are used for cooking purpose