Snake gourd can easily grow in containers. Snake gourd fruits are white or greenish white in colour with a good germination rate. Snake gourd supplies plenty of nutrition, water content vegetable, having zero cholesterol thereby augmenting heart health and abounding in a plethora of vitamins and minerals. In addition, the juice of snake gourd also heals hair and scalp disorders like various types of dandruff and bald patches.
Each packet contains 8 seeds.
|Common Name||Snake gourd, Padwal, Pudalagai Kootu|
|Height||Up to 30 ft|
|Bloom Time||Throughout the year (Best time Jan To July)|
|Difficulty Level||Easy to grow|
Planting And Care:
- Water should be done before soil feels dry
- soil pH ranging from 6 – 7 is suitable for Snake Gourd cultivation
- Snake gourd can also be grown in containers around 5-gallon size
- Containers must have good drainage and cant be moved once the vines attach tendrils to other objects
- Snake gourd cant survive in frost condition
Snake Gourd Green Long Care :
- At the time of bed preparation, FYM should be mixed with soil for good yield
- Seeds are sown directly on the bed or pot
- They should be planted 2 cm deep in the bed or pots
- Plastic wrap can be used for mulching purposes to control weed and water loss
- They should be planted 2 cm deep in pots
Snake Gourd Uses:
Snake gourds are rich in Vitamins A, B & C, calcium, iron, potassium, magnesium and iodine.