Small Chillies are probably one of the most commonly recognised vegetable/spice in the world. They are especially nice thinly sliced and mixed with various mixed salads. Chopped chillies are great as a garnish on dal, beans, chick-pea and many spicy Chat dishes and curries.
Health Benefits of Small Chilly:
- Boosting high amounts of vitamin C and antioxidants, chillies have been found to help prevent lifestyle diseases including some cancers and stomach ulcers.
- Meanwhile, their ability to create heat within the body has also linked to weight loss as well as lowering the risk of type II diabetes.
- A family of B vitamins, B6 plays a role in energy metabolism.
- Small Chilly are very high in this powerful antioxidant, which is important for wound healing and immune function.
- They are also very high in antioxidant carotenoids, which are linked to numerous health benefits.
- Help in relieve pain caused by acid reflux.
Planting and Care:
- Chilli plants usually require an airy soil which is well drained
- Add a little bit of compost to it and give it a good mix. Keep the soil moist but don’t over water it.
- Water every alternate day or every 2 days depending on the weather. Make sure there is a wet-dry-wet-dry cycle of watering.
- If you leave them long enough on the plant, the green chilli peppers will eventually turn red. The redder it gets, the hotter it the chilli is!
- Keep watering them every alternate day and make sure they’re exposed to 4-6 hours of sunlight daily.