Red soil 5KG
Red Soil is a type of soil that typically develops in warm, temperate and humid climates and comprise approximately 13% of Earth’s soils. It contains thin organic and organic-mineral layers of highly leached soil resting on a red layer of alluvium.
They are named after their rich red colour, which can vary from reddish brown to reddish yellow as a result of their high iron content. Red soils are an important resource because they make up such a large portion of farmland on the earth.
Features of Red Soil:
- Red soil is porous and has a high percentage of iron oxide.
- Red soil is found to be shallow and its pH value ranges from 6.6 to 8.0.
- Red soil is not fertile, but it does respond to fertilizers.
Advantages of Red Soil:
- Red soil is that type of soil which develops in warm, moist and temperate climatic condition and is produced by weathering of metamorphic rocks.
- Red soils have better drainage capacity than other soils and they are porous, fine-grained and fertile.
- The Red Soil PH Value Exactly Suitable for Home Garden Plants.
- Red Soil well aerated and well drained while still being able to retain enough moisture for plant growth.
- It Enhances plants growth.
There are no reviews yet.