Red Onion Seeds (Desi)
1) Onions are a wonderful staple crop in our household, and we like to store some of our onion bulbs for 6-8 months over the winter. We eat a lot of them, and we usually plant over 200 onions each year.
|Seeds per Packet||70|
|Common Name||bulb onion|
Planting And Care
- Fertilize every few weeks with nitrogen to get big bulbs
- Cease fertilizing when the onions push the soil away and the bulbing process has started
- Do not put the soil back around the onions; the bulb needs to emerge above the soil
- Generally, onions do not need consistent watering if mulch is used
- About one inch of water per week (including rain water) is sufficient
- If you want sweeter onions, water more
- Onions will look healthy even if they are bone dry, be sure to water during drought conditions
- Make sure soil is well-drained
- Mulch will help retain moisture
- Cut or pull any onions that send up flower stalks; this means that the onions have and are done
There are no reviews yet.