- Ivy Gourd is a tropical perennial climbing plant.
- Ivy Gourd also known as baby watermelon,little gourd, tindora and dondakaya.
- Basically it is an outdoor plant and these vegetables are used in Indian dishes and their
leaves/stem/roots are in ayurvedic medicines.
Benefits of Ivy Gourd :
- Ivy Gourd contains laxative properties.
- Ivy Gourd normalises blood sugar levels.
- Ivy Gourd is a good source of vitamin C.
- Ivy Gourd possesses detoxification and anti bacterial properties.
- Ivy Gourd possesses curative properties for asthma, jaundice, bronchitis and skin problems like leprosy,scabies psoriasis.
- Ivy Gourd juice helps in healthy skin.
Plantation Requirements for Ivy Gourd:
|Soil||Well drained rich Sandy Loam soil with pH range 6.0 to 6.5|
|Plantation season||Planting should be done before rainy season/monsoon starts(June to July) or in Spring season(Feb to March)|
|Temperature||Requires Humid and Warm climatic conditions. 20 to 32 Degree C.|
|Fertilizers||Farm Yard Manure at time of soil preparation and plantation. At time of flowering/fruiting stage once again farm yard manure is repeated for high yielding.|
|Harvesting Time||3 Months|
Ivy Gourd Bulbs