Cluster Beans Seeds (Gooru Chikkudu – Desi)
Gwar Phali is Digestive and nutritious, you can grow this easily
1 packet contains – 40 seeds.
The Guar or cluster bean is an annual legume and the source of guar gum. It is also known as Gavar, Guwar, or Guvar bean. This legume is a very valuable plant within a crop rotation cycle, as it lives in symbiosis with nitrogen-fixing bacteria.
In fact, agriculturists in semi-arid regions of Rajasthan follow crop rotation and use Guar as a source to replenish the soil with essential fertilizers and nitrogen fixation, before the next crop. Guar as a plant has a multitude of different functions for human and animal nutrition but its gelling agent-containing seeds (guar gum) are today the most important use. It comprises many essential Vitamins, namely Vitamin K, Vitamin C, Vitamin A, folates, and is rich in carbohydrates.
|Seeds per Packet||50|
|Common Name||Cluster Beans / Guar|
Binomial name. Cyamopsis tetragonoloba
|Height||Maximum height of up to 2 to 3 m.|
Planting And Care
- Weeding: young guar plants development is very susceptible to weed concurrence; well and early prepared seedbeds help to reduce weed pressure diseases: choose disease-resistant cultivars, 2 major diseases: Alternaria cucumerina var
- Cyamopsis and Xanthomonoas Cyamopsis Predators: Contarinia Texana guar midge: rainfall or sprinkler irrigation reduce midge populations
Guar Phali Care
- Choose the sunniest spot of your garden and remove the weeds before planting
- seeds ½ to 1 inch deep in loose well-drained soil with a lot of compost and farm manure mixed in it
- Seedlings will germinate in a few days, thin out the healthiest of them 6 inches apart
- Water well until the plants establish completely
|Watering||It requires sufficient soil moisture before planting and during the maturation of seeds. Frequent drought periods can lead to delayed maturation.|
|Soil||Preferably infertile, medium-textured, and sandy loam soils that are well-drained.|
In respect of soil acidity, guar grows best in moderate alkaline conditions (pH 7-8) and is tolerant of salinity.
|Temperature||25-35 degrees C|
|Fertilizer||Nitrogen: not necessary, Phosphorus: often limiting, US: Superphosphate 200 to 250 kg/ha|
Guar Phali Special Feature
- Cluster beans are a rich source of proteins, dietary fiber.it comprises many essential Vitamins, namely Vitamin K, Vitamin C, Vitamin A, folates, and rich in carbohydrates.
- Cluster beans contain glyconutrients that help in controlling blood sugar levels in the body.
- It contains low calories and possesses a low glycemic index.
- Cluster beans also provide relief from colitis, Irritable bowel syndrome, and Crohn’s disease.
- The presence of potassium improves heart health, reduces the risk of cardiovascular disease, and lowers cholesterol levels.
- Due to the presence of phosphorous and calcium, it strengthens bones.
- Improves better circulation of blood.
- As it possesses hypolipidemic and hypoglycemic properties, it is considered one of the better vegetable food sources for both diabetic and hypertension patients.
Guar Phali Uses
- It is extremely helpful for overweight patients, and people who are attempting to lose a few pounds
- It can also be considered helpful for dealing with diabetic patients
- Guar gum includes a multitude of commercial uses
- In several food and beverages, guar gum is used as an additive in order to change its viscosity or as a fiber source
- The pods of the cluster bean are traditionally used in several veggie preparations and form a fundamental element of numerous Indian recipes
There are no reviews yet.