The Bunches Sponge Gourd contains many seeds, which can be around 1.5 centimetres in length. The seeds are also edible but are usually removed before the flesh is eaten. The interior flesh of the Sponge gourd is smooth and creamy-white. Sponge gourd has a mild, zucchini-like sweet taste and a silky texture.
Specifications of Bunches Sponge Gourd:
|Soil Type||Sandy loam soil|
|Mature Size||2-3 ft. tall, 8-12 ft. wide|
Health Benefits of Bunches Sponge Gourd:
- Bunches Sponge gourd is quite lower in immersed fats as well as calories.
- It is contains high amounts of dietary fibre, vitamin C, riboflavin, zinc, thiamine, iron, and magnesium.
- Some of the health preferences linked to the Sponge gourd appears beneath: Phenomenal Blood Purifier.
- This water vegetable is packed with vitamin A, vitamin C, potassium, manganese and fibre, it is low on calories too.
- Bunches Sponge gourd is recommended for diabetics, heart patients, weight watchers.
Planting and Care:
- They should be planted 2 cm deep in pots, and make sure the soil temperature is warm. The plant will germinate in about a week, and after a month, when the seedlings have their first leaves on them, they can be transplanted outdoors.
- Field should be plough 2 to 3 times for preparing a fine soil tilth and field must also be free from weeds.
- Well rotten farm yard manure in addition with soil would enhance the quality and yield capacity.