Broccoli Desi Vegetable Seeds
1 packet contains Broccoli – 30 seeds.
This cool-season crop grows best when daytime temperatures are at 60 °F. Grow in both spring and fall, but avoid mid-summer crops as hot weather can cause premature bolting. Like spinach, can be grown in the spring or fall.
In fact, you may be able to get a continual harvest throughout both seasons if you time planting correctly. A member of the cabbage family, broccoli is rich in vitamins.
|Seeds per Packet||30|
|Height||Height: 2 to 3 feet Spread: 2 to 3 feet|
|Bloom Time||early summer, mid-summer, late summer, early fall, mid-fall|
|Difficulty Level||Moderately easy|
Planting And Care
- Fertilize three weeks after transplanting
- Provide consistent soil moisture with regular watering, especially in drought conditions
- Some varieties of broccoli are heat tolerant, but all need moisture
- Do not get developing heads wet when watering
- Roots are very shallow, do not cultivate
- Suffocate weeds with mulch
- Mulch will also help to keep soil temperatures down
Broccoli Green Imported Care
- Direct seeding of broccoli plants is possible
- This is especially so with a fall crop
- For the first summer harvest, start your broccoli seeds in early spring
- For a fall harvest, start your seeds in midsummer
- Broccoli transplants can grow in six to eight weeks for a summer crop and only five to six weeks for a fall crop
- When growing transplants in the spring, you want to make sure to give them enough cold weather to harden off, but make sure they are protected from freezing temperatures
|Sunlight||full sun Can tolerate light shade but will slow maturity.|
|Watering||Provide a uniform water supply to your plants. You should water the garden in the morning so the foliage is dry before the sun goes down. Make sure you water the broccoli enough to moisten the soil to a depth of six inches at least. If you only sprinkle the plants lightly, your broccoli will have shallow roots and not get the nutrients it needs to provide you with a good crop.|
|Soil||Requires well-drained soil, fertile soil high in organic matter, pH 6.0 to 7.5. Can tolerate slightly alkaline soil. Needs plentiful, consistent moisture.|
|Temperature||65 and 75 °F|
|Fertilizer||Broccoli needs lots of nutrients. A general rule for fertilization of the plants when growing broccoli would be to apply 5-10-10 to the soil before planting broccoli in the soil.|
|Harvest Season||Broccoli comes to harvest in 100 to 150 days.|
Broccoli Green Imported Uses
- Cancer Prevention – Broccoli contains glucoraphanin, which the body processes into the anti-cancer compound sulforaphane
- It also contains indole-3-carbinol, a powerful antioxidant compound, and anti-carcinogen found to not only hinder the growth of breast, cervical, and prostate cancer but also boosts liver function
- Broccoli shares this cancer-fighting, immune-boosting properties with other cruciferous vegetables such as cauliflower, Brussels sprouts, and cabbage
- Cholesterol Reduction- Like many whole foods, broccoli is packed with soluble fiber that draws cholesterol out of your body
- Reducing Allergy Reaction and Inflammation
- Powerful Antioxidant – Of all the cruciferous vegetables, broccoli stands out as the most concentrated source of vitamin C, plus the flavonoids necessary for vitamin C to recycle effectively
- Also concentrated in broccoli are the carotenoids lutein, zeaxanthin, and beta-carotene, other powerful antioxidants
- Bone Health – Broccoli contains high levels of both calcium and vitamin K, both of which are important for bone health and prevention of osteoporosis
- Heart Health – The anti-inflammatory properties of sulforaphane, one of the isothiocyanates (ITCs) in broccoli, may be able to prevent (or even reverse) some of the damage to blood vessel linings that can be caused by inflammation due to chronic blood sugar problems
- Detoxification -Glucoraphanin, gluconasturtiin, and glucobrassicin are special phytonutrients that support all steps in the body detox process, including activation, neutralization, and elimination of unwanted contaminants
- These three are in the perfect combination in broccoli
- Broccoli also contains isothiocyanates (which you read about in inflammation) which help control the detox process at a genetic level
- Diet Aid – Broccoli is a smart curb and is high in fiber, which aids in digestion, prevents constipation, maintains low blood sugar, and curbs overeating
- Furthermore, a cup of broccoli has as much protein as a cup of rice or corn with half the calories
- Alkalises Your Body – Like many vegetables, broccoli helps keep your whole body less acidic, which has a host of health benefits
- Broccoli can be steamed or sauteed and served by itself or with other vegetables
- It should be steamed before sauteing or stir-frying
- Raw broccoli is very popular when accompanied by a dipping sauce, and is often served with other raw vegetables
- Broccoli rosettes can be cut from the stems and then the rosette and the cut stems can be cooked separately and served together
- Steamed broccoli with butter, or sauteed broccoli in olive oil with garlic and finished with a squeeze of lemon are two of the more common ways of serving broccoli, and each is a great base from which many variations can be made
- The stalks are just as delicious as the flowers, so try chopping them into 1/4″ pieces with your flower
Broccoli, a mostly used vegetable in salads can be grown in your home garden. So, the next time, when you want to make a salad, you need not to rush for the market to buy broccoli as you can cut it from your own garden and enjoy the tasty salad. In order to grow healthy broccoli in your garden, you can order broccoli seeds online from the Sams Garden Store and get them delivered to your home.
Being well-known as the best online seed store in India, we provide broccoli seeds online at very budget-friendly prices. When you order broccoli seeds online and get delivered to your home, you need to sow broccoli seeds 1/2 –inch deep and 12-inch apart. However, you need to choose a sunny spot to grow broccoli and thrive well with 5-7 hours of sunlight. Furthermore, when you get broccoli seeds online and grow, they take 70-100 days to thrive fully.
If you want to grow other vegetable seeds and grow in your garden, you can buy organic vegetable seeds online at the best price.
There are no reviews yet.